Monday, February 18, 2013

Still Developing

     Now that I had seen what church was like, I was able to gain some bearings as to how Provo was, and I liked it. Luckily it was the middle of summer and I was able to start playing outside and getting to know what this wee little hamlet was all about. I guess I can't qualify Provo as a hamlet, but it fits the profile. Everyone is friendly and there are those moments when everything is so peaceful and serene, that you could be fooled into believing that you are the only person alive in the still of the night. Walking up the hill near my house and perching myself on the rock there, I could just breathe in the town. Its beauty, and what I loved above all else, its quiet. 

     What more does one need than the gentle breeze across their face, a starry night to look upon and try to take in all the grandeur that the night possesses, and the soothing sound of faint crickets playing their joyous tunes for all those that would listen? Obviously people want more, but what is more important than to enjoy the apparent blessings that we have been given? It takes a lot of time to think of something as a blessing, or to see how it is beneficial to one's life, but it is that. It is something that despite it being small and simple, it brings joy and peace into your life. 

     I enjoy soap-boxing, and I don't feel as though I have a following so this feels more like a journal than anything. That is another of God's greatest gifts that He often encourages us to use, the ability to pour out our hearts to the world. Whether it be strictly for love or to preach the Gospel, He would have us know that love is there. Love is streaming from the heavens to each of us if only we would look for it in our lives, to each and every single one of God's children is love being poured each day. I don't care any there is heartache or pain and suffering in your life, the love of God is there, just open your eyes. We are often times so weighed down by the worldly things that we lose focus on the things more important in the grand plan of God.

     I would thoroughly love to talk about the love of God and of Jesus Christ, and can just read the words of the scriptures and find out how it all applies to me. It is so amazing how each word in the scriptures applies to me specifically, and it does to you too. Don't think that anything in the scriptures is out of date or obsolete, because it isn't. It is all for our benefit that we may know God and Jesus. 

1 comment:

  1. this is a great post. I think that what has been said is good enough that I don't want to add anything to it! It is through quiet study and pondering that things like this come to pass!

    ReplyDelete