Monday, June 10, 2013

Final Countdown

Heya Everyone!
Well, these are my last two days here in the MTC. So it is hectic. I am the last one leaving out of my generation of missionaries. I leave Wednesday Morning at 5:30 from the Travel Office here at the MTC. My companion leaves at 3:30, so that is different.
I just want to say thanks to all those that have sent me things and have written me. It means a lot, and I am grateful. I know that I have been truly blessed with great friends and family, especially in support over this last year. Everything is so amazing here.
Today as I was in the Temple I was just overcome with joy and peace in knowing that I am doing the right thing here on my mission. Never had a feeling quite so unique. Those that have experienced the serenity of the Celestial room know what I am speaking of. There is just no good way to describe the divine love that is felt within the Lord's home. I'm sad that it is my last time going for the next two years, but what I will be doing will be able to bring just as much peace and love for my Savior, so I am equally glad and excited.
We just barely said our good-byes to the first wave of the missionaries heading out of our zone. They are all going to Madagascar Antananarivo Mission, so they are my fellow Africans. It is always bittersweet when you say your good byes to fellow missionaries. I know they will do amazingly, because they have each touched my life and made my mission so much the better in these past fews weeks.
I don't know what else to really say, not much has happened over this past week besides loads and loads of studies, which I am grateful for. I came out here a year ago thinking that I knew my stuff, but this time I know that I know enough, which is almost next to nothing. Funny how that works. We need just a seed of faith that we can plant in others, to use the common Alma story. 
Life is amazing! I'm so happy I get to share it with all of you!

With love, 
Elder Robert Eugene Haggard II

No comments:

Post a Comment