Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Another Day Older and Hopefully Wiser too!

Good Afternoon!

A time of reflection about the world as I begin my letter. The world is such a big and mysterious place, and there really is no way we understand it. There are billions of people that are living, that have lived, and that will live upon this beautiful little speck in infinity that are shaping it into what it is, and where we will go.
The things that make the world go round are based upon factors that are incomprehensible, and to think that the grandeur and the spectacle that goes on around us in the universe are made to mean next to nothing because we have MORE important things to worry about. Can you believe that?! We have more important things to worry about in this life than figuring out the secrets of the universe.

Maybe we need to think about what the answer to life is, anyone care to take a guess? I am sincerely interested in knowing what the secret to hope is in this life. I know how to find it, and what it is centered around, but it seems that when we find ourselves personally in trouble we tremble with fear and the faith we so cherished is chased out. What are people's thoughts on this subject, faith, hope, and overcoming a personal challenge and not this hypothetical idea of "if it were to happen."

I look around me and I see a world that is in desperation, it is crying due to an unknown pain. I see it written on the face of those that I teach each day, and it is churns my stomach in such a way that I am physically pained for these people. The answer is simply the same as everything else, it is Jesus Christ.
Hope is solely based on Jesus Christ, for without Him there is no need for hope in this world. He is the only way. Do you know what He did for us?

I can't even begin to tell you of my love for the Savior of the World, and the eternal joy that I feel through His infinite Atonement. Those merciless hours spent in Gethsemane when He felt the temptations of my soul, my giving in, my soul's remorse for my sins, the pains of my flesh, the heartbreaks, and the tears that have fallen down my cheeks. He has felt it all before, and He knows what my soul needs to recuperate and overcome these challenges. He is there to succor His people, and that is why my hope for this world is unquivering, but it doesn't take back the sorrow for the steps people take to get to that hope.

We must give ourselves to the will of Heavenly Father. We can only find ourselves when we lose ourselves in such an amazing cause. We have nothing more expected of us than to give our lives for the cause of eternal life. Are you ready to die defending your faith? Are you ready to spend your last moments in knowing what lies ahead, or would you prefer to pass those precious moments thinking it is the last time you will see your loved ones? Would you like to think that all the love and joy you have felt in this life is just about to be over forever? That is the biggest lie that man has ever invented. A life without God isn't a life at all.

I honestly have had an up and down week here in the mission, but that is how life goes here. You can't expect life to pass simply and easily in the service of the Lord, I can just hope it doesn't end like most of His apostles, the whole crucifixion and death parts sound unsavory. I prefer the two years go home and get married alternative. Here's to hoping! ;)
Oh, an interesting thing I learned this week, in my own words but inspired from Jeffrey R. Holland. "We reap what we sow." It may be a little cliché, but it helped me learn a little bit more about human nature.
When we fill our heart with good emotions, love, happiness, charity, hope, and others like those, are souls are filled with light and our capacities for these emotions grow and we increase in our lives in many other aspects, not just personally but it stretches to those around us. If we plant just a tiny seed of these in our heart it will blossom into so much that we won't know what to do with it all.
With that, it also works in reverse. When we fill our hearts with darkness, hatred, jealousy, rage, and more we fill our souls with a fast growing rot. It tears us apart, and it tears us away from those around us while planting in them this contagion of rot. It is something that we must strive to avoid with all of our might.
I love the Lord, and the abundance of blessings poured into our lives. I would implore each of you to find out who your Savior really is, what He did for you, and what path He wants you to walk in life. He loves you! He has your name engraved into His feet, hands, and wrists. He knows your pains and He will aid you. He will send angels from on high to bear you up and lift your wavering spirit. I know it! I know that my Redeemer lives!  Don't doubt yourself, the Lord is on your side when you keep His commandments and strive your hardest. He helps those that take the first steps themselves.

Have another awesome week world! I will talk to you again soon.

Sincerely,

That one kid in Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment