Monday, November 25, 2013

Not Much, But a Great Sunday

Dear Friends and Family,

As you can see, not much went down this week, but I will do my best to tell you a little bit about it.

Well, today (being Monday) I started my fifth transfer on the mission! That is exciting stuff when you top off the old planner and you start the new one; none as exciting as the last one on the mission like Elder Hopkins finds himself within. Mr. Ghana will be finding himself back home at the start of next year, straight from the heat of West Africa to the bitter cold of Provo.

Next on the list of awesome things going down, CONGRATULATIONS Sister Aubrey Phillips on your mission date! Hopefully next week we can both know where you are going! ;)

So there were transfers, and so we lost Elder Soanantenaina and replaced him with Elder Imoukhuede from Benin City, Nigeria! He is a nice fellow, but I feel terrible that I can understand his French better than his English... It has also become a natural reflex to respond to anyone talking to me in French rather than English. So, good news is that my French has come along quite nicely in the SIX MONTHS that I have been here. C'est bon!

Something wonderful happened this Sunday! IT WAS THE PRIMARY PROGRAM!!! I tried to upload the film of all these children doing their thing in French, but African internet connections don't like bigger files like that... :( It was really the most spiritual moment that I have had in Church in a long while. There is so much power in those little children. "Book of Mormon Stories" and "Follow the Prophet" were amazing! If you saw the video you would hear me and Elder Ringle get a little giddy over it. I love the children's hymns, they are straight to the point and there is poetic justice in simplicity. I guess there is always that primary child within each of us, and it is great!

I love the wonderful experiences that I get to have on this mission! There is so many exciting events that go with the growing Church as it is so new into these peoples' lives. I have taken for granted the blessing of being born into the Church, and I hope that I never make that mistake again.

C'est une grande experience d'être une missionnaire, et je suis toujours content que je suis ici! J'aime ma vie que mon Père céleste m'a donné!

-- 
Sincerely,
Elder Robert Haggard

Mission Bénin Cotonou
Cadjehoun Lot°1158 Bloc F
01 BP 3323 
Cotonou, Bénin


No comments:

Post a Comment