Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Week's Toil, and An Eternity's Wages‏

Hello Everyone,

I guess I will start out with a few thank you notes to Lisa Clark's package and the visit from the Grahams. Thank you all so much! :) 

I will now talk about the worst part (maybe second worst part) of the week. So, since we all know that I came here to work in the Referral Center because of health issues, they were trying to decide between urological issues and neurological issues. They decided that they needed a scope of my bladder, and the good news is that they know it isn't due to any urological reasons.... one uncomfortable procedure later.

I guess a highlight from this week would be when Elder Ballard came and spoke to us on Tuesday night. He made a clear cut message that we need to learn to have faith in the Prophets and Apostles, even when things seem foggy and we don't fully understand why. It meant a lot to me when he left the promise, "we will not and cannot lead you astray." I had never questioned the Apostles, sure I don't understand everything that they do, but I realize now that the mysteries of God are revealed unto them, if I automatically through these revelations under the bus I do not have the chance of knowing why the are, nor will I benefit from the blessings attached. 

It has been great fun as I have been able to teach an African, it keeps Benin and Togo close to the heart. I am relatively glad that I went French speaking in Africa to learn from scratch the language, the English that I encounter is so hard to understand that I would have lost what I have grown to appreciate in the English language. In French it was harder to notice how hard the hit was from lack of educational opportunities, but the English has been clear. I love the African people, and I see ever more clearly just how much the gospel will allow them to expand and to grow if they make scripture study, prayer, and going to Church top on their priorities. (Scripture study I guarantee will bless all that struggle with illiteracy or seek to improve their ability to read and to write.)

There have been excellent investigators that we have found and taught this week, those precious souls that have been ripened and prepared through the loving and nurturing hand of the Lord. It is awesome when you see the answers to the problems in life are found through what you have been blessed to have your entire life. It is a blessing to have been born into the covenant, to have been blessed with a window open just long enough for me to sneak into mortality in the right conditions. There are struggles and doubts that come to all of us, but knowing where we are is on sure ground, we know that we can withstand.

Oh, by the way, the Czechs have this really delicious thingamabob called a "kolaches!" Found this place off of Center Street in Provo, yummy! 

I love working in the Temple too! It is such a wonderful and serene experience being able to help others in that unique and special way. Being able to surround myself in the beauty of the Temple each week is a strength that all of us should do our best to utilize. As you return to the Father's home here on earth, you are able to revitalize the Spirit that is within you. Your mind and heart are set at ease from the trials and tribulations of the world. It is the perfect way to finish off a week! 

Thank you all for the emails this week! It is always great to hear from you! I love you all, and I hope that you find more time to give back to the Lord. Find a minute to quietly contemplate a scripture, a conference talk, or participate in an ordinance at the Temple. Don't think that the things of this world will matter more in the moment, I found that it is in the moments that you think something is more important than those things that you most need them. Humble yourself and overcome the thoughts that work, school, or other things are more important temporarily that the Lord, you are sadly mistaken. Fruit for the thought. Love you all once again!

-- 
Sincerely,
Elder Robert Haggard

Referral Center Mission
2007 North 900 East unit #80
Provo, Utah 84604

No comments:

Post a Comment